Wayne Businesses Conserve (WBC) is an energy conservation program that supports, encourages, and recognizes the energy conservation efforts of our area’s local businesses. Modeled on the EPA’s Energy Star program, businesses review an energy checklist with SEEDS, and begin a process of improving efficiencies, and conserving energy. Businesses demonstrate and share simple, affordable and economically sound energy conservation techniques and raise awareness of the many benefits a sustainable energy future will provide to our local economy and community. These businesses are recognized for their efforts with the WBC decal, demonstrating their conservation priorities for all to see.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete the WBC application. Email Jocelyn@seedsgroup.net to get one!
- Set up a free energy conservation and efficiency consultation (optional, but strongly recommended).
- Turn in your application: email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (570) 245-1256 for pickup.
- Be recognized for your efforts.
- Enjoy the environmental, financial & social benefits of your actions.
SEEDS, in partnership and Workforce Wayne, launched WBC as a pilot program during the summer of 2010, with the help of PPL Electric Utilities. Thirty four businesses have completed the program, and all said it was well worth their time.